Splunk Search

How to add addcoltotals functionality to show average and the total

joe06031990
Communicator

Hi,

I currently have a search to show IIS success, failures,total,failure success percentage, percentage,failure percentage and AVG. response which I used addcoltotals. The only issue I have is the AVG total response does not show the overall AVG and just adds up the AVG response, is there anyway around this?

Thanks

Joe

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

tscroggins
Influencer

@joe06031990 

What are you averaging? For successes and failures, I would assume counts over some interval, e.g. average successes per minute. Can you provide more information?

View solution in original post

tscroggins
Influencer

@joe06031990 

What are you averaging? For successes and failures, I would assume counts over some interval, e.g. average successes per minute. Can you provide more information?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...