Splunk Search

How to Alert if an IP is added to a field

shanecifaldi
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I need some help with an alert i have been stuck on. I have a DBCONNECT lookup that returns a value once a day. This value contains 18 IPs at the moment all separated by "," - for example value=1.1.1.1/24,2.2.2.2, 5.5.5.5/16.

I need an search i can create an alert off of if there is an IP added to this compared to when it was last ran. IE - search 1 at 6am had 5 IPs search 2 the next day has 6 IPs - alert.

right now i get the all the IPs in one field called "Value=" - looks like the below (ips changed for this post)

value="1.526.323.176/2,133.58.35.4/2,10.199.0.99/14

I basically need the alert to send our team an email letting us know an IP has been added and we should look into it.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...