Splunk Search

How do I get TimeRangePicker to revert to the default?

mctester
Communicator

The dropdown box for the search time-range doesn't revert to the default value after I run a search, can I make this happen?

I realize that this would be extremely annoying if it happened after every search, so I guess what I want is something I can just "click" to reset it

Tags (3)

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In the <view> tag at the top of the view you can just put the following attribute:

`isSticky="false"`

and that will turn off all sticky persistence for the entire view. So the TimeRangePicker as well as a couple other modules like the Count module and the Segmentation module, will no longer remember any previous selections.

This ability was new in 4.1, along with a similar attribute isPersistable.

isPersistable is a little different in that it governs whether saved searches and saved reports should get saved with a snapshot of the current view's viewstate.

Note that if you're coming to the view on any kind of permalink where there's a q=search foo, or sid=123121452, or s=some_saved_search in the URL, the TimeRangePicker will always set itself to that search's timerange no matter what.

Glenn
Builder

What about if it is a form, not a view (no view tag)?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...