Splunk Search

How can I find out which props/transforms does the Message field extraction?

danielbb
Motivator

The Message field of wineventlog is being handled by the default configurations or of the TA and I would like to change it but I can't find out which props/transforms do the current extractions.

The Message field is of multiple lines and the extraction, at the moment, is applied on each line, extracting the name, value pairs separated by a colon.

In the case of Avecto, we see within one line multiple name value pairs and the pairs are separated by commas.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

aasabatini
Motivator

Hi @danielbb 

did you try to use btool option?

splunk btool props list --debug

anyway I share the documentation

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.0/Troubleshooting/Usebtooltotroubleshootconfigurati...

“The answer is out there, Neo, and it’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.”
0 Karma

danielbb
Motivator

I ran -

splunk btool transforms list --debug  > /tmp/transforms.all
cat transforms.all  | grep -i '$1::$2'

The second one returns 29 lines and I would like to know which one is being applied.

0 Karma

aasabatini
Motivator

Hi @danielbb 

usually the conf files have this priority

• App directory, local has priority over default
  • System directory, local has priority over default.

Now I don't know where are located your conf files but generally if is present on the local app the conf file have a priority.

anyway I share this interesting article

https://medium.com/splunkuserdeveloperadministrator/splunk-configuration-files-precedence-explained-...

“The answer is out there, Neo, and it’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.”
Tags (1)
0 Karma

danielbb
Motivator

I can't find out where Message is being processed for WinEventLog. I scanned props and transforms with btool and can't find it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...