Splunk Search

Floating column chart using simple xml

vaibhavagg2006
Communicator

Hi Experts
I am trying to build floating bars in a column chart. The y axis is fixed from 0-24. I want to start the bar from 6 if the value of the field is 6 and then there are 2 other stacked columns which will stack on top. Is there any way I can make the first bar as the transparent so that it looks like floating.

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

have you taken a look at this answer?
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/550228/expanded-stacked-column-chart.html
you'll need to adjust it to be a stacked chart, but changing the first value to white should do it.

niketn
Legend

@vaibhavagg2006, can you add a mock screenshot of what you need?

niketn
Legend

@vaibhavagg2006, I have created Waterfall visualization using D3 and Splunk's Custom Visualization API. Please check it out whether it fits the need: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3669/

PS: I currently have not implemented the following:
1) Tooltip (currently static label can be displayed)
2) Drilldown
3) Dynamic size (it is manual based on chart height/width right now)
4) Negative axis (can be implemented only after dynamic size is in place)

Do give feedback using my contact from the app. Also, i you can provide mock screenshot of what you need it would be great.

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...