Splunk Search

Experiencing a 'Search Peer has the following message: 'Error in 'SearchParser

stevediaz
Explorer

Hello

I've encountered an issue in my Splunk environment that's been causing some headaches. When running a search, I receive the following error message: "Search Peer has the following message: 'Error in 'SearchParser': The search specifies a macro 'my_macro' that cannot be found.'"

This error seems to be related to a missing macro called 'my_macro,' but I'm unsure why this is happening and how to resolve it. I've checked my search query, and it appears to be correct. Can anyone provide some guidance on what might be causing this error and how I can go about resolving it?

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@stevediaz - This message tells that either:

• The macro either does not exist.
  • OR the macro is not permissible to execute in the search and in the App it is currently being used.

Any Splunk Admin can go and find the macro and its permission from Splunk UI > Advanced search > macros in the settings.

I hope this helps!!! Kindly upvote if it helps!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...