Splunk Search

Exclude results from lookup table in search

Dalador
Path Finder

I need to do a search where I only display results where the Arguments, Command fields in events DOES NOT contain a value in the scheduled_tasks lookup table. Where it is going wrong? Thank you!
My query is: 

(index IN (index1, index2)) EventCode=4698 NOT [|inputlookup scheduled_tasks |fields Arguments, Command] | fillnull Arguments value="-" | rex field=_raw "(?P<Command>((?<=\bCommand>).*(?=<)))" | rex field=_raw "(?P<Arguments>((?<=\bArguments>).*(?=<)))" |table Command,Arguments |dedup Command,Arguments

My lookup table: 

example3.png

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Dalador
Path Finder

I rewrote my query: 
  EventCode=4698 | fillnull Arguments value="-" | rex field=_raw "(?P<Command>((?<=\bCommand>).*(?=<)))" | rex field=_raw "(?P<Arguments>((?<=\bArguments>).*(?=<)))" |search NOT [|inputlookup scheduled_task |fields Arguments, Command]|table Task_Name, ComputerName,Command,_time,Arguments, Account_Name

This works for me 🙂 

View solution in original post

aasabatini
Motivator

HI @Dalador 

try like this:

(index IN (index1, index2)) EventCode=4698 [inputlookup scheduled_tasks |fields Arguments, Command | format "(" "(" "AND" ")" "NOT" ")"] | fillnull Arguments value="-" | rex field=_raw "(?P<Command>((?<=\bCommand>).*(?=<)))" | rex field=_raw "(?P<Arguments>((?<=\bArguments>).*(?=<)))" |table Command,Arguments |dedup Command,Arguments

Karma given or solution confirmation appreciated

Alessandro

“The answer is out there, Neo, and it’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.”

Dalador
Path Finder

Same result 😞 

0 Karma

aasabatini
Motivator

hey @Dalador 

can you show me the results of this search?

|inputlookup scheduled_tasks |fields Arguments, Command | format "(" "(" "AND" ")" "NOT" ")"

if the results is 0 please check if the permission of the lookup is set on  global.

“The answer is out there, Neo, and it’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.”
0 Karma

Dalador
Path Finder

I rewrote my query: 
  EventCode=4698 | fillnull Arguments value="-" | rex field=_raw "(?P<Command>((?<=\bCommand>).*(?=<)))" | rex field=_raw "(?P<Arguments>((?<=\bArguments>).*(?=<)))" |search NOT [|inputlookup scheduled_task |fields Arguments, Command]|table Task_Name, ComputerName,Command,_time,Arguments, Account_Name

This works for me 🙂 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...