Splunk Search

Clean up ip_intel kvstore

weetabixsplunk
Explorer

Hi guys,

I can see how this question comes across as dumb but I would like to remove duplicated entries from my ip_intel kv store.

I understand the whole purpose of a kv_store is used for data that constantly gets updated. I am finding lots of duplicated IPs in my ip_intel kvstore and I'd like to know if there's a better way to do it than just 

| inputlookup ip_intel | dedup ip

I'd like to cleanup the file from duplicates and not just create a dedup search.

Thanks! 🙂

Labels (2)

Azeemering
Builder

Normally what I would do to keep the intel kvstores clean and fresh is to limit the age of the entries by running a daily cleanup job:

A simple vanilla flavored example:

|inputlookup ip_intel |eval treshold = now()-86400 |where time>treshold ||outputlookup ip_intel

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @weetabixsplunk i am not sure of this  ip_intel kvstore, but, in first place how the duplicate entries entered this kvstore and can not you simply search the duplicate entries and delete them, i am not sure, just asking your ideas, suggestions. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...