Splunk Search

CBS Token authentication failed. Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services

Brenny
Explorer

Hi,

I got the following error message when trying to connect to an eventhub,

Error occurred while connecting to eventhub: CBS Token authentication failed. Status code: None Error: client-error CBS Token authentication failed. Status code: None"

Can someone help here?

We have a HF in our network zone and want to connect to the MS eventhub via proxy. Which we configued within the app itself.

We use the Add-on for MS Cloud Services version 5.2.2

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

HappySplunker
Explorer

Hi @Brenny,

I encountered the same problem today and found the issue.
In my case, the eventhub name wasn't the good one. 

It should be the one located in the properties' name field under the Event Hub Instance, but I was using the one from the Event Hub namespace properties.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

Brenny
Explorer

HI @HappySplunker .
Yes, we found some failures within the Eventhub Names and also within the consumer groups.

But now it is working.

Thanks 

0 Karma

HappySplunker
Explorer

Hi @Brenny,

I encountered the same problem today and found the issue.
In my case, the eventhub name wasn't the good one. 

It should be the one located in the properties' name field under the Event Hub Instance, but I was using the one from the Event Hub namespace properties.

Hope that helps!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...