Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Scanning endpoint SOAR Tenable.sc: How to get a credential scan?

wisconsin

When scanning an endpoint in SOAR how to you get a credential scan? I can start a scan via SOAR playbook but its not a credential scan.

Labels (3)
0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@wisconsin it's likely the app wasn't built with that requirement in-mind. However, there is nothing stopping you expanding the app to include this capability. All you need is SOAR v5.x and the Tenable API docs!

The code for scan_endpoint action includes this JSON with a 'credentials' key:

scan_data = {
            "name": "Scan Launched from Phantom",
            "repository": {"id": scan_repository_id},
            "schedule": {"start": scan_start, "repeatRule": "FREQ=NOW;INTERVAL=1", "type": "now"},
            "reports": [],
            "type": "policy",
            "policy": {"id": scan_policy_id},
            "zone": {"id": -1},
            "ipList": str(ip_hostname),
            "credentials": [],
            "maxScanTime": "unlimited",
        }

However, it's not populated by any code, meaning the update should be simple; add the relevant inputs for the action (maybe a boolean to include credentials or not, then use the other config params), add the logic to the _scan_endpoint action code and you should be golden. 

This should help with adding new inputs to the action: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SOARonprem/5.3.2/DevelopApps/Overview 

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...