Splunk Enterprise

What are the correct usages for apps/backup and apps/restore API endpoints on Splunk Enterprise?

Karthish
Observer

I'm trying to understand the different capabilities within Splunk to see how they can be used for my advantage.

Was exploring apps_backup and apps_restore splunk capabilities to see if they can be used with API for backing up and restore of specific apps without the actual back-end access and having to replicate the "$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/" directory.

There is one mention of apps_restore within the below document mentioning it can be used on the endpoint "apps/restore":
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.5/Admin/Authorizeconf

I noticed the restmap.conf also has entries for "apps/backup" and "apps/restore" but I could find no documentation on the usage of these endpoints and methods. Could someone point me in the right direction here?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...