Splunk Enterprise

Website Monitoring Application Error

Ashwini008
Builder

Hi,

I am adding URL to be monitored under Website Monitoring Application.

It works fine for sometime but later all of sudden it stops indexing logs for all the URL's and Splunk process stops.

I see Splunk PID increasing exponentially when this issue happens.If i grep splunk i see the below message

/opt/app/splunk/splunk/bin/python2.7 /opt/app/splunk/splunk/bin/runScript.py execute.

see below errors in splunkd log

ERROR Unable to find the app configuration for the specified configuration stanza=proxy error="splunkd connection error", see url=http://lukemurphey.net/projects/splunk-website-monitoring/wiki/Troubleshooting

WARN HttpListener - Socket error from 127.0.0.1:60492 while accessing /servicesNS/nobody/website_monitoring/admin/website_monitoring/proxy: Broken pipe

P.S Earlier had placed website monitoring on Search Heads,since this issue was occuring we moved it to HF but still we see this issue.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue.

Tags (4)
0 Karma

anirban_td
Explorer

This might not be a app/add-on error, but from Splunk itself.

Which version of Splunk Enterprise are you running?
Did you raise a support case?

we are facing lots of warnings on our SH Cluster after upgrading to Splunk v9.0.1

WARN HttpListener [8466 HttpDedicatedIoThread-7] - Socket error from <ip:port> while accessing <URI>: Broken pipe
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...