Splunk Enterprise

Unable to Login to Splunk with LDAP Users

JoseMaría
Explorer

Hi, I have configured Splunk with LDAP authentication and everything appears correct, the group and the users assigned within, as I see how it should be configured, the last step is to assign the roles and perform the login and everything is done, in In my case this is not possible, I have all the available roles assigned to the group and I still can't log in with for example: jmcastillo, which is an LDAP user, could someone help me understand what is happening? What else do I need or what configuration is wrong? Greetings and thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

JoseMaría
Explorer

Finally I found the solution, it turned out that the group that was destined, for example, to enter Splunk, was a group which had to be created with GroupOfname, so, when entering users to that group, if it allowed me to access through memeberuid, thank you very much anyway!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

JoseMaría
Explorer

Finally I found the solution, it turned out that the group that was destined, for example, to enter Splunk, was a group which had to be created with GroupOfname, so, when entering users to that group, if it allowed me to access through memeberuid, thank you very much anyway!

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
What you are finding from _internal log?

codebuilder
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tested your LDAP config?

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.1/Security/TestyourLDAPconfiguration

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...