Splunk Enterprise

Stopping Splunk is taking very long to stop

snosurfur
Engager

Stopping splunkd is taking up to 6 minutes to complete.  We have a process that snapshots the instance and we are stopping splunkd prior to taking that snapshot.  Previously with v9.0.1 we did not experience this; now we are on v9.2.1.

While shutting down I am monitoring spklunkd.log and the only errors I am seeing has to do with the HFs.  'TcpInputProc [65700 tcp] - Waiting for all connections to close before shutting down TcpInputProcessor '.

Has anyone else experienced something similar post upgrade?

0 Karma

hrawat_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@snosurfur wrote:

Stopping splunkd is taking up to 6 minutes to complete. 

with the HFs.  'TcpInputProc [65700 tcp] - Waiting for all connections to close before shutting down TcpInputProcessor '.

Has anyone else experienced something similar post upgrade?

Anything changed on sending (UF/HF) side?
HF(receiver) waits for sender to disconnect gracefully before it force terminates connections after waiting for ~110 sec(default).

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Are there lately added more UFs and/or HFs to send logs to your indexer?
0 Karma

splunkreal
Motivator

Hello, is it indexer? If yes it can happen, if it's search head you can force stopping current searches.

* If this helps, please upvote or accept solution if it solved *
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...