Splunk Enterprise

Splunk db connect health monitor is not working

SplunkySplunk
Explorer

Hello
I want to monitor the health of db connect app inputs and connections and i noticed the the health monitor is not working. im getting the message "search populated no results"

When i tried to investigate the issue i found out that index=_internal is empty
I guess its related.

Can you please help me figure out why the index is empty and the health monitor is not working ?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If a search "index=_internal" over the last 24 hours is empty, I can think of a couple of reasons.

Most likely - your role doesn't have administrative access.  (More specifically, it doesn't have access to the _internal index, which is usually limited to admins).  Either log in as an administrator with access to _internal, or have your Splunk folks add this index to your role.

It's also possible that you have DBX installed on a heavy forwarder.  That HF has been told its outputs need to go to your real indexer(s), but it's never been told to *search* the indexer when someone searches for "index=_internal".  The steps you might need are https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.2.0/DistSearch/Configuredistributedsearch#Use_Splunk_...

Anyway, if you can confirm the above two things, either one of them is the issue, or you can report back here with what you've found!

-Rich

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...