Splunk Enterprise

PID not removed from /proc directory on disabling the data input and hence not letting the other PID to initiate

sarthakchouhan

Hi there,

I am using a Technology Add-On with Splunk which uses the data input feature to ingest the data in Splunk. I came across one issue where the when I disabled the data input from the Splunk the PID with which it was running is still present in /proc directory oi Linux environment where Splunk is setup.

Due to the non-removal of PID, when re-enable the data input the PID is not able to initiate as it gets the impression that this job is already running with some older existing PID.

To overcome this I have to manually kill the older running PID which should be removed on disabling the data input. 

Can someone please help to understand the root cause of why that PID is not getting removed or terminated when I disable the data input from the Splunk itself? 

Why it is present in /proc directory due to which the other PID for the data ingestion job is not getting initiated?

It would be really helpful if I get some information on the root cause as I am continuously facing this issue

Thanks in Advance!!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This sounds like something you should contact Splunk Support about.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...