Splunk Enterprise

Not getting events from sourcetype Unix:Uptime from Splunk Add-On from unix and linux (uptime.sh)

mayankrojo
Explorer

Hello,

I am not getting events from the uptime.sh which gives system date and uptime information via the shell command. This script is a part of Splunk Add-On for Unix and Linux which is installed on the universal forwarder. I am getting data from other inputs like cpu.sh, vmstat.sh, df.sh etc...but not only from uptime.sh. I check the disabled is also set to false and in sync with other stanzas like the stanzas of cpu,vmstat etc. Any insights into if I am missing anything?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

SinghK
Builder

Check the bin folder see if there any scripts which have different permissions than those of working ones.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should try to run this script as user which are running UF client. Also try it with splunk cmd …../path/to/script. Then if/when needed fix reported errors.

0 Karma

mayankrojo
Explorer

I am getting the data when i run the uptime.sh script from command line. But I am not getting the data in Splunk.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you are run it with "splunk" user and with command 

/opt/splunkforward/splunk/bin/splunk cmd /path/to/script/uptime.sh

And get answer then it should works.

Have you gotten anything into _internal logs on that client? Check also local log files under ..../splunk/var/log/splunk

r. Ismo 

0 Karma

mayankrojo
Explorer

I checked with the permissions of the script in the default folder. It is exactly the same like others.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...