Splunk Enterprise

Need help with SPLs to find list of my Splunk Instances, FWs & Indexers. Need Splunk version & machine names. Thx a mill

SamHTexas
Builder

Please help with SPLs to find list of my Splunk server instances, FWs & Indexers. Need Splunk version & machine names & IPs. Thx a million in advance. What is the best order to upgrade them all to Splunk 8.2.2.? 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

SamHTexas
Builder

Thanks very much bro. for this. This SPL lists the FWs & their IPs only. Do u know how to get a list of Indexers & Splunk instances like Deployment server, Cluster master & etc plus their Splunk version & IPs? Thanks very much in advance. 

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ashvinpandey
Contributor

@SamHTexas Try the below query and add the other required fields you want:

index=_internal source=*metrics.log* group=tcpin_connections 
| dedup hostname 
| table _time hostname os version sourceIp fwdType destPort ssl 

Regarding upgrade please find the below official splunk documentation link for v8.2:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.2/Installation/HowtoupgradeSplunk 

Also, If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.

0 Karma

SamHTexas
Builder

This is super bro. Thank u. What does the ssl  (false) mean under the ssl column on the far right side? Thank u

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...