Splunk Enterprise

Is there an easy way to implement a recovery alert in the same query as the alert query?

croseberry
Engager

Is there an easy way to implement a recovery alert in the same query as the alert query?

For example if I have a system that creates a log file every 10 min if everything is working. I built a query that runs every half an hour and tells me if there is something new in the log location. That part is easy enough but I would also like the same query to be able to send a recovery notification.

Or is this not going to be possible because I want to trigger two different actions because from what I can tell you can only configure the one email or slack action per alert? 

I did see that there is a splunk addon with VictorOps that has this functionality but I wanted to check here first before I went down that route.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

@croseberry interesting one! following

Sharing the below one, which might help.

https://splunkonbigdata.com/sending-multiple-alerts-based-upon-multiple-conditions-using-one-alert-i...

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...