Splunk Enterprise

Inviting users to Splunk Cloud Trial

jamesfinney

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to invite users to the Splunk Cloud trial I've started.

The documentation says "Go to Settings -> Access Controls" ... I can find no such option - all i can see that's remotely related is "Users and Authentication -> Roles".

I've also tried in the top right going to "My Splunk -> Invite Users". This just takes me my instances and tells me to "..create a custom role", etc, which I've also done.

Am i missing something here?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

13tsavage
Communicator

There should be an Add User Button that appears in your Customer Portal -> Instance page. Maybe you currently are unable to add colleagues/new users because you are on a trial period?

According to Splunk FAQ's:
Question: If I am using my Splunk.com user login to access my instance, how do I invite a collaborator?
Answer: To invite a user, go to the Instance Page in the Customer Portal and click the "Add User" button.

According to Customer Portal -> Instances Home:
You can invite users to join your instance with a custom role. Create a custom role in the Splunk Cloud product, add a role with the same name in the customer portal page, then choose that role when inviting new users. For more information see the Splunk Cloud documentation.

0 Karma

13tsavage
Communicator

This is not really an answer, but you are not the only one unable to add a new user in Splunk Cloud

0 Karma

jamesfinney

Not at all - thanks for your response. I can't find any information anywhere saying that you can't invite users on a trial.

As you said - I found that specific link on the FAQs and followed it. Searched the page for "Add" - definitely nothing there (and checked the drop downs)! 😞 Must be an unspoken limitation of the trial (which doesn't sounds right, but there you go)

0 Karma

jdanielabacode
Engager

Im currently having the same issue but I'm not running on a trial.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...