Splunk Enterprise

How to resolve Error: This browser is not supported by Splunk. after Update 8.0.6 of the SearchHead?

ottobaer
Loves-to-Learn Lots

After Upgading the Installation from 7.3.1.1. to 8.0.6 of the Search-Head i get the message "This browser is not supported by Splunk." while trying to access the splunk web.

We have a distributed Installation on a Windows Server 2016 (1 Deployment-Server, 1 Serch-Head and two Indexer). By now, only the Search-Head ist updated.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

merrelr
Path Finder

Did you ever solve this?

If so what was the solution?

0 Karma

ottobaer
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hello merrelr

We stayed on Splunk 7 because we could not find a solution. About a month ago we updated to 8.1.6 without any issues

0 Karma

ottobaer
Loves-to-Learn Lots

In Chrome-Inspector i get following errors:

login?return_to=%2Fde-DE%2F:121 GET https://search.splunk.p.app.kt.gr.ch/de-DE/config?autoload=1 net::ERR_ABORTED 500 (Internal Server Error)
(anonymous) @ login?return_to=%2Fde-DE%2F:121
login?return_to=%2Fde-DE%2F:123 GET https://search.splunk.p.app.kt.gr.ch/de-DE/i18ncatalog?autoload=1&version=@AAE36C764649299562298AC71... net::ERR_ABORTED 500 (Internal Server Error)
(anonymous) @ login?return_to=%2Fde-DE%2F:123
account.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'BUILD_NUMBER' of undefined
at account.js:1
at Object.691 (account.js:1)
at __webpack_require__ (account.js:1)
at checkDeferredModules (account.js:1)

i think, this error is the problem:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'BUILD_NUMBER' of undefined

but so far, i could not find a solution...

0 Karma

ottobaer
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Thanks for your response!

yes i have tried following browsers: IE 11, Edge, Edge for busines and chrome. I have also cleared my browser cache. 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What browser (and what version of it) are you using?  Have you tried using different browsers?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

dwharvey79
Loves-to-Learn

did anyone get a fix for this?

0 Karma

greenstone
Engager

I saw this error/typo in the startup log 

Checking conf files for problems...
                Invalid key in stanza [feature:admission_rules_check] in D:\Splunk\etc\system\default\health.conf, line 251: friendly_description (value: Notifies if the workload management admission rules configuration on this node is valid.).

So I removed line 251 of Splunk\etc\system\default\health.conf and it seemed to fix the problem

pastedImage (1).png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...