Splunk Enterprise

Dynamic Dropdown input option token values with multipart strings issue

Mikulee

Hi,

I've had this issue before, but now I have to visit this again.

I dont know how to manipulate the token value in such a way, that I can use it in a dashboard panel search, when there is are multipart values in the token.

The setup:

1. I have a dashboard with multiple panels, with different searches
2. Then there is dropdown inputs for time and one to filter the data to a subset.

Problem is when the data filter input uses a search to populate the token AND WHEN the values are multipart, like "Active Directory Domain Services", or anything that's not single string.
Then when that token , like "Role_Name" is used to filter the panel, like :

index=* Type=Role Name=$Role_Name$

It does not get any results AS the Token values should be inside quotes, single or double.

So how do I concatenate quotes in to the search or should I preprosess the token value inside the search with some evals ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...