Splunk Enterprise

Could not apply Free license

lynxmaestro

Hi,

We had the following error when trying access a lost, but we never exceeded the 500MB limit daily.

Error in 'litsearch' command: Your Splunk Light license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times. Renew your Splunk Light license by visiting visiting www.splunk.com/goto/estore

So I attempted upgrading the software to latest, but now it shows

"Could not apply Free license"

How can we get this sorted so that we're good with the <500MB par?

Regards,
Kev

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

nboulet

hello, same here, i pass to last version of Splunk, and now i have a button to "Change to Splunk Light Free" ; but after i click i have the error "Could not apply Free license"

0 Karma

nboulet

hello

same here, i upgrade to last version of splunk, i have a button after the login to "change to splunk light free", but after that i have the error : Could not apply Free license

0 Karma

ashajambagi
Communicator

How long have you been using free license?
Check _internal for any other error.

0 Karma

lynxmaestro

its been only few months (2-3).

Check _internal for any other error.
I don't really get this. Can you please let me know the exact file location to check?

0 Karma

ashajambagi
Communicator

you can check by searching : index=_internal on ui
OR
$SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log on cli

0 Karma

skalliger
Motivator

Did you already try to restart the instance?

Skalli

0 Karma

lynxmaestro

Yes, multiple times.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...