Splunk Enterprise Security

splunkd.log has license_warnings_update_interval messages every 20 seconds

diptij
Path Finder

I had converted my Splunk Head to use SSL.

I added /opt/splunk/etc/system/local/web.conf and updated [settings] to put the enableSplunkWebSSL, privKeyPath, serverCert.

It seemed to work.

However, the /opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log file keeps showing the following warnings every 20 seconds:

08-28-2020 23:41:09.135 +0000 INFO  LMStackMgr - license_warnings_update_interval=auto has reached the minimum threshold 10.  Will not reduce license_warnings_update_interval beyond this value.

So, I undid the web.conf changes and restarted splunk but I'm still seeing the license_warnings_log*.

Help please.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

Is this a standalone box or distributed environment with separate License Master? And is it a Splunk Enterprise, Trial or Free?

r. Ismo

0 Karma

diptij
Path Finder

A distributed environment with 1 splunk head and 1 splunk indexer.  The head is configured to be the License master.  

It is a Splunk Enterprise with a license.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...