Splunk Enterprise Security

Wildcard for domain search

johnde

I am trying to find the domain that came in the logs but were faked to look similar for our domain.
So if my domain is abc.co I would like to list all entries that came for abc.co.xyz.com, abc.co.aaa.com, etc.
Thanks!

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Can't you just do myfield=abc.co*? Also, check out this app:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3376/

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

Please provide sample data for this. You can write the SPL in 1000's of ways if you don't provide sample data

0 Karma

johnde

Thanks for the reply @koshyk .
I am new to SPL and still trying to figure out the right approach, what I am trying to find out is if someone faked our login page and redirected a user when they login with their credentials to our page.
Let's say our login page is is login.mydomain.co and someone created a sub-domain with our login page name, login.mydomain.co.fakedomain.com and this looks similar to our login page. Once a user enters the username password they are redirected to mydomain.co. I wanted to see if any of our users clicked on that link and entered the credentials based on the redirect.
fakedomain.com is not constant and it can be any value.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...