Splunk Enterprise Security

Unable to access the Splunk Add-on for Cisco ASA content

adamblock1
Explorer

I recently downloaded the Splunk Add-on for Cisco ASA 3.0.0. When saved, the filename is "splunk-add-on-for-cisco-asa_300.tar". When I look at the file properties, size=48.3KB, size on disk=52.0KB.

When I attempt to open this with Winzip, I receive the message (error) "Error reading header after processing 0 entries".

I am interested in installing this add-on on my deployment server, but due to the error, I am not exactly sure how to do this. Assistance would be appreciated.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi, winzip should handle it if you change the extension from .tar to .tgz.

Alternatively, you can install it into a Splunk server by using Manage Apps -> Install from file.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi, winzip should handle it if you change the extension from .tar to .tgz.

Alternatively, you can install it into a Splunk server by using Manage Apps -> Install from file.

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you update Cisco Security Suite as well, then that should work.

0 Karma

adamblock1
Explorer

I currently have Splunk for Cisco Firewalls 2.0 (TA-Cisco) installed on the indexers and search head. Can this be disabled, and the Add-on for Cisco ASA used in its place?

Thank you.

0 Karma

adamblock1
Explorer

Thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...