Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk ES app installation Error

spl_unker
Explorer

My Enterprise Splunk version is 7.3.2 and ES app version which i tried installing is 6.1.1.

After ES app installation and splunk server restart , i see the following error when i proceed to setup page

"Installer was unable to start. Error in 'essinstall' command: External search command exited unexpectedly with non-zero error code 1."

I understand it is due to version compatibility issue between ES and Entreprise Splunk in one of the Splunk answers

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/521781/error-while-installing-splunk-enterprise-security.html

But in the app page 7.3 are 8.0 is mentioned as compatible version. Please help if any one has faced this issue. TIA

Labels (2)
0 Karma

shivanshu1593
Builder

You're trying to install a version, which is not compatible with 7.3.X, although it says on the splunkbase page. The compatible version is 6.0.1.

Thank you,
Shiv
###If you found the answer helpful, kindly consider upvoting/accepting it as the answer as it helps other Splunkers find the solutions to similar issues###
0 Karma

lkutch_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

ES 6.1.x requires Splunk 8.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...