Splunk Enterprise Security

Is it possible to generate a "ticket number" style reference for a notable event?

gmrtn14

I'd like each notable event that is raised in ES to have a unique "ticket number" style reference, automatically incrementing as events are raised - along the same kind of lines as ticket reference numbers that are created in systems like ServiceNow when a ticket is raised.

I appreciate that the event_id field is a unique reference for each notable but it's not user friendly enough to be used as a point of reference between multiple analysts

Is there a way to achieve what I am looking for?

0 Karma

hazekamp
Builder

For now, I would check out the "Share Notable Event" action in the Actions dropdown per notable event. This produces direct hyperlinks to the notable event with a copy-clipboard option. While not a "ticket number", this link can be distributed in digital-friendly ways:

https://server:8000/splunk-es/en-US/app/SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/incident_review?form.srch=rule...

alt text

tezkpk
Engager

You could build a lookup process, which would link the event_id to a more user-friendly ticket number. I am sure that it could be automated with a python script, or some other form of scripting.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...