Splunk Enterprise Security

How to add custom field to Splunk ES Asset dataset

hpwang1014

I am new to Splunk and have a question about Asset and Identity data modle.  We are on ES 5.3.0. I am trying to load data into Asset and Identify model, need to add some custom fields in addtion to the default fields.  I tried to add to the main asset fields, also tried to add to the calculated fields.  But when I run |`assets`,  it des not show the custom fields I added.  Any ideas?  Also I did not find in the 5.3.0 document on  how to add the custom fields. Only see it in 6.1.1 ES document.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Support for custom asset fields didn't start until ES 6.0.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

hpwang1014

Thank you, richgalloway! Looks like we need to upgrade.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If your problem is resolved, then please click the "Accept as Solution" button to help future readers.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...