Splunk Enterprise Security

Equivalence between QRadar Event Category and Splunk

SIEMStudent
Path Finder

Hi everybody.

Currently, we have a task which involve QRadar correlation rules translation to SPlunk ones.
The Splunk rules will be used in a Splunk Enterprise Security environment.

The big issue we are facing is the following: we got some elements in QRadar for what is not clear if we have a corresponding element in SPlunk. One of this is the event category: the QRadar definition of this element is the following one:

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/qsip/7.4?topic=administration-event-categories

In a nutshell, this mechanism categorize the events in high level category which contains lover/more specific category. For example, we have the macro category Malware wich contains Backdor, Spyware and so on.

So, my question is: have we, in Splunk, a similar mechanis?

For example, in a QRadar rule I may have, between the filters, "when the event category for the event is one of the following: Potential Exploit.Potential Botnet Connection" ; how can I check this in SPlunk?
If there is not a mechanism to automatize this and we have to set this check manually, what could be the best way to got the category?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...