Splunk Dev

why db_connect can't output result to MySQL database

xsstest
Communicator

I installed db_connect 3.1.2 on search head of SHC mode. I will output result to MySQL db from splunk search. I tried the following two methods, but MySQL database still has no data

search (alert type is real-time,use admin permission):
index=attackinfo|field _time src_ip dst_ip result system

1、save as an alert , add DBX output alert action trigger action
OR
2、add |dbxoutput output="outputAttackinfoToLiveMap" at the end of search

When some events passing through the search window,these events not output to MySQL?why?but I open search to running second search statement , These events are written to the MySQL

why event is not written to the Mysql when it is saved as a alert. but running search statement that can output to mysql db! I tried to modify the alert type to a cron expression,

-1m@m @m */1 * * * *

but still so

Tags (1)

xsstest
Communicator

The question still not resolved, and no one knows why?

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Hi,

I am not sure, but as per doc :
DB Connect 3 does not support running scheduled task (input or output) on the search head in the Search head cluster deployment. You must run the scheduled task on a heavy forwarder.

Also, can you tell me database output setting you configured? Refer this doc:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.1.1/DeployDBX/Createandmanagedatabaseoutputs

0 Karma

xsstest
Communicator

hi, @p_gurav

not support running scheduled task.

When I configure output , one option is "Scheduling", but I didn't check it, so I chose to use alert to output to MySQL database.
Do you mean scheduled task that refer to this option?

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Ok. can you share database output you created?

0 Karma

xsstest
Communicator

@p_gurav

[outputAttackinfoToLiveMap]
connection = Connection_LiveMap
customized_mappings = src_ip:clientip:12,dst_ip:ipstr:12,result:attacktype:12;_time:attacktime:4,system:system:12
disabled=0
interval=* * * * * ?
is_saved_search = 0
query_timeout=
scheduled = 0
search = index=attackinfo|field _time src_ip dst_ip result system
table_name = `livemap`.`attack_log`
ui_query_catalog = livemap
ui_query_table = attack_log
using_upsert=0

This is what I entered manually,Because I can't copy information from the intranet

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...