Splunk Dev

When using the Python-SDK, why is Splunk silently returning nothing for some indices?

haffi112

I'm trying to use the Python SDK to search in Splunk.

However, I can only search on some indices, for others I just get an empty response.

For example, when I use the command

search index=trace

I get a response, but when I use

search index=read

I don't get any response. But if I use the web interface this query works, i.e. my user has rights to search on that index and I am authenticating myself when using the Python-SDK.

Do you have any idea what could explain this? The silent returning of nothing is not helping me.

0 Karma

haffi112

I have confirmed with an administrator that it is not a problem with access rights as the script shows the same behavior when he authenticates with his user.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...