Splunk Dev

Monitoring App

jet
Explorer

I have a published app on SplunkBase which is designed to pull event data via API from an App which I publish to Splunk with. It's been working fine for several years.

A recent request from users is for more realtime data which would require me to pull data from API. It's not really suitable for logging and where I have done this before on an iPhone app, I held in ram as opposed to being "logged".

Ideally I would want to pull data once and for the response to be shared across multiple users as opposed to many users each individually polling data.

Is this something that is possible with a Splunk app? 

Labels (5)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The app can pull the data once (or periodically) and store it in a lookup.  Then it's available to users from the lookup.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

jet
Explorer

That helps! Upvote for you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...