Splunk Dev

How do I get a Dashboard to create cpu,memory details for my applications?

Varsha1
Explorer
  • Hi ,

I have a list of applications (40 to 50). I want to create a dashboard where I want to show health status of those (like cpu , memory, service status etc) in  panels for those in single dashboard. How can I achieve it in best way.

I cannot create 50 panels for each application displaying all those details. Data is already coming to splunk , i just want to view that in a dashboard. And I want to show all applications details in single view. 

How can I achieve this ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Start by creating a search to return all the data you want to visualise. Then choose the visualisation you want for that data.

0 Karma

Varsha1
Explorer

Could you tell me the query for same? 

I want something like this as panels:

Application1 cpu memory service status etc

Application2 cpu memory servicestatus etc

Application3 cpu memory servicestatus etc

Application50 cpu memory servicestatus etc

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What data do you have in Splunk?

Is the data for all the applications in one index/sourcetype or 50?

What searches do you already use to retrieve this data about your applications?

0 Karma

Varsha1
Explorer

It has data like application server status , what is the cpu memory logical disk value, db status, service and process status.

Index is same for all applications. Its just that we have given application field name as  "subsystem".

These data is pulled via some saved searches. And stored as fields name and it's values. ( Like Cpu as field name and it's value as field value)

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

So, can you not replicate the saved searches to retrieve the information for each of your applications?

0 Karma

Varsha1
Explorer

It's not about the data . It is about showing it in single dashboard. Since I have lots of applications,i cannot create each panel for each application since it is alot. 

So want to know best way to show it.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In an earlier answer you said you wanted a panel for each application, but now you are saying you don't want to create one for each application - who do you imagine is going to create them then?

If they are similar panels, you could take the source of a dashboard with one panel and copy it to your favourite text editor and duplicate the panel multiple times, changing the necessary part for each application, then paste the new version of the source back.

Another possibility, depending on the the sort of panel and information you are visualising, is to use a trellis layout, although you maybe restricted as to how many panels this will create or the amount of information you could display in each pane.

At the end of the day, there is no magic bullet or substitute for doing the work!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...