Splunk Dev

Anyone Have Used DBConnect Outputs Before and Was Successful?

jeremy059
Explorer

Hi guys,

Getting this error on my DBConnect outputs when run manually or at a schedule:

message='Unrecognized SQL escape '' at line position 67.'

Using "jTDS driver with Windows Authentication". Errors when trying to insert field values to columns/tables. Tried changing Column "Data Types" but to no avail. Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Jeremy

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jeremy059
Explorer

I'll have to answer my question here as I was able to successfully resolve this on my Lab environment. I'm not an SQL person and copying the field names of my source data to use as column names in my destination SQL table was the root cause of the problem. It turns out if you have brackets, braces or periods in your column names, you'll get the "SQL Escape" error. I just renamed my column names and removed the brackets, braces and periods and replace them with underscores.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jeremy059
Explorer

I'll have to answer my question here as I was able to successfully resolve this on my Lab environment. I'm not an SQL person and copying the field names of my source data to use as column names in my destination SQL table was the root cause of the problem. It turns out if you have brackets, braces or periods in your column names, you'll get the "SQL Escape" error. I just renamed my column names and removed the brackets, braces and periods and replace them with underscores.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...