Splunk Cloud Platform

Which config change is required to change an app name on Splunk cloud?

Roy_9
Motivator

Hello,

I have an app on our cloud SH named A and i wanted to rename it to B.

Which config change is required to change an app name on Splunk cloud? I guess i need to open a case to splunk support since we doesn't have a backend access but i am curious to know whether in app.conf this app rename should be changed or any other conf file?

please advise.

Thanks,

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you're referring to the name that appears in the Apps menu, then you're looking for the "label" setting in default/app.conf.  That just controls what users see the app to be.  To give the app a completely new identity you'll also have to change the "id" setting in the same config file.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you're referring to the name that appears in the Apps menu, then you're looking for the "label" setting in default/app.conf.  That just controls what users see the app to be.  To give the app a completely new identity you'll also have to change the "id" setting in the same config file.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...