Splunk Cloud Platform

Any opinions, own experiences with Data Manager?

DG
Explorer

Dear Community,

Do you have any opinions, own experiences with Splunk new feature called Data Manager? What are the advantages and disadvantages of it compared to an add-on (i.e. Splunk Add-on for AWS) to ingest your data to Splunk?
As I see this Data Manager just generates CF templates and we have to pull up our machines upon them (pay for these resources to AWS) and push data to Splunk (are we paying for SVC usage - ingestion- here?), while the addon is fully managed by Splunk and is pulling the data from AWS. The addon uses Splunk resources of course (are we paying for SVC usage - ingestion - here?) to pull data until it reaches AWS API limits (if it reaches).
So, I would be happy to hear your own, objective experiences about the topic. 🙂 Does it worth overall to start using Data Manager? (AWS costs + Splunk ingestion costs (?)) VS. (Splunk ingestion costs (?) + API limit) What did you also consider?

(Of course I tried googling this topic, but I did not find any good, objective comparison, opinions about it.)
Thank you very much for your help!

Labels (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...