Splunk Enterprise

Is Splunk Security Operations Suite available on perm or in the Cloud, or both?

WildHuckleberry
Path Finder

is Splunk Security Operations Suite available on-perm or in the cloud? or both?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @WildHuckleberry,

for my knowledge, the Splunk Security Operation Suite is available only on Cloud.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @WildHuckleberry,

for my knowledge, the Splunk Security Operation Suite is available only on Cloud.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Vachel
Explorer

Slightly disagree but not sure.

I think Security Operations Suite is on-perm (see in picture), and Splunk Security Cloud is cloud.

For this question itself, seems like it includes both sides, so I think the answer is both.

Welcome to challenge if any other thoughts

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Vachel,

I never have seen this version of Splunk Security Suite, could you share the url of the document you screenshotted?

But last year surely it wasn't still released and it's avery strange behavior that Splunk release this product also on-prem when its strategy is Cloud oriented, but I cannot exclude it.

I think that your Splunk Channel Manager or Sales Engineer can surely answer you.

Ciao and happy splunking.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Vachel
Explorer

Hi Giuseppe, 

Thanks for the quick response, the slides are from this link (Splunk for Security - Baseline eLearning, page 14) if you have access to it. 

Partner Learning Center (mindtickle.com)

Based on the slides, I think on-perm is no doubt, if like you said, it designs for cloud, maybe the answer is for both. 

But it is really hard to determine if the official do not provide the correct answer. 😕

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @WildHuckleberry,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

WildHuckleberry
Path Finder

Hi, @gcusello.

Thank you so much for your help!

I really appreciated it!  

Ciao 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...