Security

can I clone a role?

a212830
Champion

Hi,

I want to create new roles in Splunk 6, which are based upon existing roles. Is there a way to clone roles? It's not apparent in the gui...

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is no option to clone the roles from UI but you can do the same using conf files. The file name to be updated will be authorize.conf. You can copy existing stanza to create new roles and the refresh the authentication (without restart) using following link

http(s)://YourSplunkServer:8000/en-US/debug/refresh?entity=admin/auth-services

View solution in original post

tgurantz_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In Splunk 8.0 the ability to clone a role was added. Simply go to the Roles page, and next to a role select Edit > Clone!

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is no option to clone the roles from UI but you can do the same using conf files. The file name to be updated will be authorize.conf. You can copy existing stanza to create new roles and the refresh the authentication (without restart) using following link

http(s)://YourSplunkServer:8000/en-US/debug/refresh?entity=admin/auth-services

joshuabiggley
Path Finder

Brilliantly simple. The authentication refresh tidbit is gold!

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If there are no followup ques, you can close the question by clicking on check mark left to the answer.

0 Karma

a212830
Champion

Worked perfectly. Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...