Security

Why did Login failed when adding splunk universal forwarder?

Poojitha
Path Finder

Hi All,

I am trying to install splunk universal forwarder. While adding the forwarder its asking for admin. username and password :

command : /opt/splunkforwarder/bin/splunk add forward-server

I checked results on the google and tried the default credentials admin/changeme. Its not working.

I am installing this UF on ec2 linux instance. I am stuck with the login failure here. 

Please anyone help me on this.

Thanks in Advance,
Poojitha NV
Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

tshah-splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello @Poojitha ,

The credentials that you need to add here are the credentials that you set initially when Splunk was set up and started in your instance. You can refer to previous questions on the community on steps to do if admin creds were lost - https://community.splunk.com/t5/Security/How-to-Reset-the-Admin-password/m-p/10622.

---
If you find the answer helpful, an upvote/karma is appreciated

View solution in original post

tshah-splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello @Poojitha ,

The credentials that you need to add here are the credentials that you set initially when Splunk was set up and started in your instance. You can refer to previous questions on the community on steps to do if admin creds were lost - https://community.splunk.com/t5/Security/How-to-Reset-the-Admin-password/m-p/10622.

---
If you find the answer helpful, an upvote/karma is appreciated

Poojitha
Path Finder

Thanks @tshah-splunk .

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...