Security

What are the steps to configure SSH certificate when deploying for 2 new applications into splunk environment?

raj_mpl
Path Finder

Hello All,

Nearly 30+ application servers are configured into the splunk environment (30 forwarders,2 Indexers (one indexer as deployment server also a search head) , with all their SSL certificates enabled between them

My question is if we want to add 2 more application server logs to an already existing splunk environment ,
1.what are the steps we need to follow ?
2.manly what about the SSL certificate ?
3. Is it TURE that is it possible to start the UF by making the appropriate configurations in it when it connects to indexer it will automatically inherit the SSL configurations ?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

@raj_mpl ,

To add new application servers to the existing splunk deployment:

For automatic ssl configurations:

Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

raj_mpl
Path Finder

Thank you very much @renjith.nair ...
1.In order to send the cofigurations via deployment server , I need to touch the splunk main server and follow http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.2/Updating/Createdeploymentapps
2.If the log files residing location is not going to change for long time is it best practice to keep the inputs and outputs conf files in UF (where as all the current 30 application servers are configured via deployment server only )

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@raj_mpl ,

To add new application servers to the existing splunk deployment:

For automatic ssl configurations:

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...