Security

Splunk Search Head locking accounts out

walsborn
Path Finder

Hello,

I'm new to the Splunk Admin role and have a distributed environment. I have a single search head in a cluster that keeps locking an account out. We use LDAP to authenticate into Splunk and this search keeps attempting log a user in, even when they are not attempting to log in. Any idea how to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

Splunk and LDAP are a finicky beast. The default depth of validation is 1000. Additionally, if a LDAP user is attached to more than one Splunk role, the first one that validates terminates further validation. Meaning, if I have a valid LDAP/AD account, but have more than one Splunk account, the first one wins. Or, if I have both a valid LDAP and Splunk account, but fall beyond the default 1000 search limit, I'll never validate, since Splunk will timeout (by default settings) before finding me.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...