Security

Has anyone else run into this Product Version info error?

flyers777
Explorer

Not sure what happened this morning but I was unable to log in as admin. I noticed that it had orphan some of my alerts with my admin account even though it was still active and found this error below. Has anyone ran into a similar situation. I was able to login after restarting the Splunk service on the Indexer and forwarder. Thanks again.

startup:112 - Unable to read in product version information; [HTTP 401] Client is not authenticated

Labels (1)

cabauah
Path Finder

we're getting same error on 9.0.1, any solution

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

if possible try to restart and then update to latest 9.0.5 version (especially if you have only one single node).

r. Ismo

cabauah
Path Finder

we're able to access functionality but that's appearing on the _internal logs and we don't know impact. is it a known issue for 9.0.1?

0 Karma

gesa_behrens
Path Finder

I don't have any problems using splunk, but since the upgrade to 9.0.1 I get this error in python.log.

I have no idea what action produces this error. Python is up to date.

Any hints on what this message wants to tell me?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...