Security

ltander

I created my Splunk instance and created a username/password. I am unable to log in to Splunk. HELP:(

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ltander
0 Karma

ltander

Honestly, i am unsure how i accessed. I know when i tried to use the icon on my desktop (>)this splunk icon. i did try the username admin and password changeme and it did not work. I know when i created the account the system made me enter my password twice, so i know i typed the same password correctly. Is there a way to change the password or uninstall and reinstall splunk. i am also doing the splunk fundamentals course and i am on lab 4. i need to get into splunk to try the lab.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ltander,

when you click on the Splunk icon, whick appication do you open?

it should be a browser and the address should be http://localhost:8000

I haven't a Mac but on Windows and Linux (MacOS is a linux!), so, after installation, you can access your Splunk instance using a browser and the above address.

when you have the login dashboard, please try using the admin user and the password you inserted.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

ltander

kind of. I installed the splunk enterprise instance and the screen came up with a terminal type window and i created a username and password. Some type of script executed and then splunk came up on  my desktop. it has a box for username and a box for password. I am hoping to learn splunk to escape to a better job:) when i type in my username and pasword i created it does not work. I am a Mac. I do not know what version splunk this is. i used the splunk enterprise instance on the splunk site. 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ltander,

probably you installed the latest version (8.2.2.1) on you Mac.

How do you tried to access your Splunk instance? did you used a browser with the address:

http://localhost:8000

?

did you tried with admin/changeme?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ltander,

let me understand:

• you installed Splunk Enterprise,
  • you accesed the instance using the admin/changeme account,
  • you created a new user,
  • you tried to access using the new user an d you cannot,

is it correct?

at first what's the operative system you're using,

then what version of Splunk did you installed?

did you added a role to you new user? which one?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...