Security

LDAP authentication to Active Directory Trusts

gonz0

I have an environment where users are authenticated against a domain, and this works perfectly. However I would like to map roles to groups that live in a seperate trusted domain.

How would I do this in Splunk?

0 Karma

gonz0

Giving this a bump and adding some more information.

MS AD domains are configured as a bi-directional trust and I can confirm this is operational by creating shares etc. for groups in the opposite domain.

On Splunk I have tried configuring seperate strategies, however these get evaluated top down and stop evaluating on match. I have also created identical roles in both domains which evaluates, but again, if the same name exists and I want to match the 2nd strategy, this will break.

I have tried configuring the primary domain and the secondary domain in the group lookup, however Splunk complains that the secondary domain is incorrect.

This seems to me like the ability to use trusted groups is an "Active Directory feature" and Splunk is "only doing LDAP". Is this statement accurate?

If so, what are my options? I'm guessing ADFS or SAML/SSO will solve this and possibly give me the functionality I want

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...