Security

Issues in 6.1 with free Splunk admin access

smackie
Engager

I can see that folks have already flagged up that the free Splunk 6.1 has some serious issues accessing admin pages. I upgraded yesterday and I'm can't get access to the data index or inputs pages - Splunk is logging License Restrictions for those pages. I can supply logs if need be but I think the problem is currently being worked on.

Are there any problems with just rolling back to Splunk 6.0.3 (which is what I was running before)? I'm quite happy to roll back and wait but don't want to cause myself any more problems.

Cheers

Scott...

Tags (3)

tmeader
Contributor
0 Karma

smackie
Engager

Sadly, no. It's similar (and I'm sure it's related) but the fix they give for _helpers.html doesn't appear to fix the problem for the free 6.1 release. I patched it this morning and still see the problem.

Thanks tho'..

Cheers

Scott...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...