Security

Is there way to add a warning message in Splunk Web saying the information is Proprietary to comply with company policies?

edrivera3
Builder

Hi

I was asked to add a warning message in Splunk saying that the information is Proprietary. Is there some way to implement this? This is really important in order to comply with different company policies.

0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

Yes!! Put the following in the configuration file web.conf (perhaps in etc/system/local or etc/apps/search/local)

login_content = <BODY><div style="padding:5px; border: 1px solid #ccc;"><b>Your message here</b></div></BODY>

You don't have to follow this style exactly - I just wanted to show that formatting is possible...
Here is what the docs say

login_content = <content_string>
 * Add custom content to the login page
 * Supports any text including html 

And you can find out more by looking at web.conf.spec

View solution in original post

lguinn2
Legend

Yes!! Put the following in the configuration file web.conf (perhaps in etc/system/local or etc/apps/search/local)

login_content = <BODY><div style="padding:5px; border: 1px solid #ccc;"><b>Your message here</b></div></BODY>

You don't have to follow this style exactly - I just wanted to show that formatting is possible...
Here is what the docs say

login_content = <content_string>
 * Add custom content to the login page
 * Supports any text including html 

And you can find out more by looking at web.conf.spec

edrivera3
Builder

Hi

Is there is a way to include a message at the bottom of each page in SPLUNK web? Just below:

About
Support
File a Bug
Documentation
Privacy Policy

© 2005-2015 Splunk Inc. All rights reserved.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...