Security

Is it possible to change the assigned color of a specific eventtype in Splunk Web?

claudio_manig
Communicator

Is it not possible to change an assigned color of a specific eventtype within the Splunk Web settings? Moreover, if you create an Eventtype by Settings/Eventtypes "New", there is no option to set a color. Am I wrong? Do I have to change the color directly in the file?

conor_splunk
Path Finder

In your app (I'll use the default search app as the example though) you edit the event_renderers.conf file. For the default search app this would be under Splunk/etc/users/%user% (for example admin)/search/local. In this file you will find an example like below.

[eventtype_name_stanza]
css_class = et_red
eventtype = eventtype_name
priority = 6

The colour is being set by "css_class = et_red" from the file application.css which for the default search app would be under Splunk/etc/apps/search/appserver/static. You can even play with this real time in Firefox or Chrome by editing the html on the search results page.

By default it will be like so (standard white no eventtype colours).

<td class="expands " tabindex="0"><a><i class="icon-triangle-right-small"></i></a></td>

If you edit the html to be purple you will see it change.

<td class="expands et_purple" tabindex="0"><a><i class="icon-triangle-right-small"></i></a></td>
0 Karma

ngatchasandra
Builder

Hi,
Only take eventtype's search string and rerun. Save as eventtype with a same name and give him a new color.

0 Karma

claudio_manig
Communicator

That won't work as it allready exists and you can not save an object with the same name with different configs--

0 Karma

harshal_chakran
Builder

Hi,
You can refer to this link :
Define Eventtypes

0 Karma

claudio_manig
Communicator

There is nothing refering to my question in the docs...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...