Security

How to configure LDAP role mapping remotely?

jeanmatthieu
Explorer

Hi!

I have recently turned on LDAP authentication on my test server. It's sooooooo awesome 🙂 I can secure an index for a group of users in no time!

When I move this to production, I will no longer benefit from vi etc/system/local/authentication.conf privileges and thus I am looking for a solution to modify and further configure role mapping on a live system I cannot ssh/vi into.

I would be very grateful if you could point me to any REST API calls or web settings that I miss.

Thank you!

1 Solution

chanfoli
Builder

Role-mapping and related settings are manageable from splunk web with proper permissions under Settings->access controls then Roles or Authentication Method, depending on what you need to do. On the Authentication Method page there is a link to "Configure Splunk to use LDAP and map groups" which lets you change group mappings, view current LDAP users, etc.

View solution in original post

chanfoli
Builder

Role-mapping and related settings are manageable from splunk web with proper permissions under Settings->access controls then Roles or Authentication Method, depending on what you need to do. On the Authentication Method page there is a link to "Configure Splunk to use LDAP and map groups" which lets you change group mappings, view current LDAP users, etc.

jeanmatthieu
Explorer

Thanks! Looks like I am set

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...