Security

Can't log in to trial download to complete fundamentals course

jmuehlenbein

Hello, I'm trying to complete module 4 of the free fundamentals 1 course. The instructions say you can install a trial version and use username 'admin' and password 'changeme' to log in. When I enter those credentials, though, I get an 'invalid username or password' error. Any ideas?
I'm wondering if it might be related to the fact that the course is for version 6.x but the download is version 7.x. Might see if I can find a copy of 6.x and see if that changes anything....

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

That is the issue, yes. Version 7.1 requires you to set your own password when you install it. You should have been prompted for that step.

You can download older releases from https://www.splunk.com/page/previous_releases.

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Just adding: The new behavior started with Splunk 7.1, so you'll have the old behavior with 7.0.4 and below.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...